Health and Safety Manager
The Health and Safety Manager is the person who, by virtue of his/her professional competence and hierarchical and functional powers in respect of the mandate given, implements the Employer’s instructions by organising and supervising the work.
Health and Safety Managers at PoliTO are:
- General Manager
- Heads of Department
- Central Administration Business Unit Managers (Level 1)
- any other persons formally appointed as Health and Safety Managers.
The Health and Safety Manager’s main duties include:
- Working with the Health and Safety Services Unit to keep preventive and protective measures up to date
- Overseeing the implementation of all provisions regarding machinery, equipment and work tools including those designed for research purposes, plant and other technical devices, the storage and use of new chemical, physical or biological agents
- Demanding compliance with rules and provisions on prevention of and protection from the risks identified by the Employer
- Appointing emergency management staff
- Overseeing the work of Laboratory Teaching and Research Managers (in Italian RADRL) and ensure that they provide all the necessary instructions so that students using laboratories are properly informed and trained
- Taking appropriate action to ensure that only workers who have received adequate instructions and specific training may have access to areas where they are exposed to risks
- Taking all the necessary steps to foster cooperation and coordination in implementing measures to prevent and protect against the risk of interference between activities in multi-employer workplaces
- Promptly reporting occupational accidents to the business unit responsible for reporting these to the competent authorities